Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
white spots in back of my throat

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

white spots in back of my throat

i have a blotch of white spots on the back of my throat. im not sure if it is caused by oral sex or kissing my boyfriend. ive researched and researched so much about it but im not sure of anything is related to hpv. Nothing is sore...nothing hurt but its just odd and i need a possible answer.  i had strep throat as a child and i read that it doesnt re occur in adults. IM SO LOST pleease help me
you have pore's in the back of your throat like you do everywhere,and this might be a nasty term but when you have even the most minor throat infection puss can fill up in these pores.Does your throat have the least bit of discomfort?I honestly wouldn't worry about this because you can't get hpv by kissing first of all and second if i were you i wouldn't worry but if these "white spots" get any bigger then they already are and don't go away within about a week i'd go see a doctor.hope i helped
wow..... thanks.... ALOT
Strep is a bacterial infection. You don't get immune to it, so it can occur again. If you had strep you would have a fever.

Warts on the throat aren't very common.

Tonsilloliths would be my guess....

But if it is a problem, see a doctor for a real diagnosis