Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
why????

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding HPV issues such as: genital warts, causes, diagnosis, cervical cancer, HPV in men, PAP tests, treatment, telling your spouse or partner

why????

why do my genital warts keep coming back?? i am taking all kinds of immune boosters like elderroot extract and garlic and vitamin c trying to quit smoking im trying everything and they just keep coming back. i went to the dr last week and had them froze off it worked but then yesterday there were like a ton more im going back to the dermatalogist tomorrow,what should i do should i have them lasered off im so confused. my new boyfriend is very understanding but i dont want to loose him cuase of this someone please help
I'm very sorry that you have such a difficult case with genital warts, it is very hard to carry this burden and you are quite lucky (like me) to have someone understanding and non-judgemental in your life.

It's difficult to say why they keep coming back. How long have you had them? It can take up to 2 years for them to stop coming back. How long after exposure did you get treated? Sometimes waiting a while after being infected for treatment can make the warts harder to treat. What treatments have you used? Maybe the treatments you have tried are simply not good enough, they are not compatible with your body. Some treatments work wonders for people, and are useless for others. Next time you go to the Dr's, ask for something different.

You are doing all the right things by taken those vitamins, please keep it up. I know it seems hopeless at times but you will get through this just fine. Don't let this virus determine your life and your mood. Getting stressed by it, although is perfectly understandable, will only aggrivate the HPV and make it worse.