huntingtons disease
my partner has sypmtoms of HD. His mother had it as well as his aunt and uncle They all died from the disease. He is 57 and has symptoms for years, bad temper, a gait in his walk etc.He has not tested for disease but I am pretty sure he has it.His doctors have mentioned it to him also as they have noticed his movements. he refuses to see he has anything wrong but without the test is there a way to tell for sure if he has this dreadful disease?
It is very common for people with HD to be incapable of being aware of the disease.  It's not denial or stubborness, it's literally an inability to actually be aware of it.  There is a form on the mini-mental/physical exam that a doctor can perform in their office, which can lead to a diagnosis.  It's based on a point system in which X out of 30 points confirms the diagnosis.  I don't know where you live, but you'll usually get the best care at an HDSA Center of Excellence, which can be located here:
http://www.hdsa.org/living-with-huntingtons/family-care/centers-of-excellence.html

HD can be diagnosed by without clinical exam based on the presence of typical symptoms like jerky uncoordinated movements, psychiatric and cognitive symptoms.
String family history like in your husband’s case is another factor which makes the diagnosis very likely. So a combination of clinical symptoms with positive family history helps in making the diagnosis.