Hypothyroid - Hashimoto’s Expert Forum
Eye Problem
About This Forum:

This is a safe place where you can post your hypothyroid (under-active thyroid) related questions. A board certified medical expert will post answers to your questions usually within 3-7 business days. This forum will focus on holistic as well as traditional treatment options for hypothyroid disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Eye Problem

I have 2 hard white/yellowish bumps in the white of my left eye along the side of my iris=1 on each side. They hurt. I have multiple problems with that eye, including blurry vision, pain, dryness, itching, gritty consistency, allergy's and I also see double regularly. My right eye is not really involved. I can see out of it fairly well, but the left is extremely fuzzy and blurry. I have severe headaches on the left and behind both eyes. I haven't been able to see out of my last 3 pairs of glasses. They are progressive lenses and I feel I can't use them. Would old fashioned bi-focals be better? I have an extensive family history of Macular Degeneration & Glaucoma, poor eyesight and blindness. I have trouble reading, watching TV, driving and shopping, etc. What are your suggestions, please?
8846197_tn?1400507826
This isn't exactly a thyroid question. It might be better answered by an ophthalmologist (eye doctors). A pterygium might be the explanation of the white/yellowish bumps. Headaches behind the eyes are sometimes caused by knots (trigger points) in the splenius muscle behind your neck. But these are all guesses.

I suggest you get a second opinion from a doctor who is less interested in selling you expensive progressive lenses, and more interested in doing a proper exam and giving you the answers you need. Good luck!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank