Hypothyroid - Hashimoto’s Expert Forum
Hashimoto/graves
About This Forum:

This is a safe place where you can post your hypothyroid (under-active thyroid) related questions. A board certified medical expert will post answers to your questions usually within 3-7 business days. This forum will focus on holistic as well as traditional treatment options for hypothyroid disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hashimoto/graves

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 8/2013. My symptoms have not changed. Fatigue, joint pain, rashes on my shins, very dry skin, hair falling out, constant coldness, palpitations occasionally, and irregular heavy cycles. I use a military physician who did lab work and my thyroid levels which are normal. So I was sent to an endocrinologist, who did further lab work. I was told I have autoimmune antibodies for both Hashimoto and Graves. However, nothing was changed on my treatment plan, since my thyroid levels were within normal range. I am frustrated with the symptoms remaining, yet no changes were made. I am on generic synthroid 0.75. Any suggestions?
8846197_tn?1400507826
You sound like you are under treated with a T4-only medication. There are other drugs out there with T3 in them, such as Cytomel and Natural Desiccated Thyroid (Armour Thyroid, Nature-throid, etc.). You also may need a higher dose than what you are on.

I think you may need to go "outside the military health care system" and find a "Functional Medicine" physician (such as myself), who still thinks, rather than just use doctors who look for "H's and L's" on lab reports.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
8846197_tn?1400507826
Kenneth N. Woliner, MDBlank
Holistic Family Medicine
Boca Raton, FL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now