Hysterectomy Expert Forum
1 yr post vaginal hysterectomy, leaking fluid

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

Hi, I had a vaginal hysterectomy removing my uterus, cervix and one ovary.. still have one left. one year ago. I ended up hemorrhaging a week after the hysterectomy..  I actually have stage 2 Cystocele & Rectocele. But we are going to hold off with doing any sort of surgery for right now, going to try some physical therapy. I also have a 1 cm area of Granulation on the vaginal cuff that is going to have to have surgery at some point to repair as its very sensitive and I have had bleeding.

Every once in a while I will be walking and feel a gush of fluid, upon checking, its a creamy, milky white fluid, a bit on the runny side. Its almost as if I am still getting cervical fluid without the cervix lol. when talking to my new doctor he said it sounds like something was up with the tube, but I guess I didn't really understand and now I'm kicking myself for not asking more.  Has anyone else had this? I don't understand where the fluid is coming from if I don't have a uterus. It is differently coming from inside my vagina.

Thanks for any insight!

Patients may still produce vaginal discharge in the absence of the cervix. In the case of excessive discharge I recommend you be evaluated for vaginitis. There have been instances when some of the cervix was not completely removed at the time of hysterectomy. Please consult your gynecologist with this concern if warranted.

Best wishes,
Thank you for the response, After going back in again for some major bleeding and asking further questions,They are guessing It's my fallopian tube that is prolapsed, those causing the fluid since its a big gush of it at one time and then nothing else. They used the silver nitrate for the bleeding, so in a month I have to go back in and they will see if the area is still there. Thanks again for your response :)