Hysterectomy Expert Forum
Cardinal ligament suture?

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

Cardinal ligament suture?
Hello, I'm a 38yo who has had a TAHSBO with horizontal incision, my questions are -

If a the cardinal ligament has been used to anchor the vagina, is it a permanent suture or will adhesion occur and the suture dissolve?

Would pain be experienced at a particular side and in the locality of the wound?

Many thanks
Hello Wishy74,
I have no way of knowing what suture your surgeon chose for you surgery. I suggest you either ask your surgeon or review your operative report. Adhesions can occur after any surgery and is related to how the patient heals. Some patients form more adhesive disease than other. Adhesions don't have to be associated with pain. Regards,