Hysterectomy Expert Forum
Endometriosis & back pain

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

Endometriosis & back pain
I had a hysterectomy 2 months ago due to a severe case of endometriosis. I had a lot of back pain & I thought after I had a hysterectomy that pain would go away.....it hasn't yet. I was wondering if cymbalta would be good for my back pain? My lower back hurts a lot & I didn't know if they would complicate things. I just want some answers...maybe you can help.
Greetings k_kennamore,,
Hysterectomy alone is not the definitive cure for endometriosis. Likewise hysterectomy is not always effective in treating chronic pelvic pain. It is likely that your uterus was not the source of your pain. I recommend you follow up with your primary care physician for further evaluation. If you still have ovaries and you had stage III- IV endometriosis you should discuss possible treatment options with your gynecologist both surgical and nonsurgical. Best wishes
All I wanted to know if you think cymbalta would help with my lower back pain....when I had a hysterectomy she took everything out. I was in surgery for almost 9 hours (most of it she was burning out the endometriosis). I have gained about 25 pounds & I cannot even work out because my lower back is in pain. So, do you think cymbalta would help or not?