Hysterectomy Expert Forum
Hysterectomy due to endometriosis

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

Hysterectomy due to endometriosis

I am about to turn 23, I was diagnosed with endometriosis a few months ago. I had a lap about 2 months ago where I had to have endometriosis, an ovarian cyst and my left fallopian tube removed (from damage).
It's only been 2 months and all of my symptoms and pain are back, possibly even worse. I want opinions on what my best option is.
My case is a bit strange though. I have been very sick for the past 3 years. In the last 3 years I have been diagnosed with osteoporosis, hyperparathyroidism, hypercalcemia, severe nausea, severe migraines and occasional tachycardia. After a lot of research these past two months I have found out that severe endometriosis can cause all of these problems if left undetected over time. I have gone through many genetic tests and tests for every other possible condition my doctors thought was causing all of this. They have found nothing in 3 years till this.
The best I have felt in the last 3 years was for first month after I had the endo in me removed. For that month I was able to eat, I gained healthy weight back, I didn't have a single migraine and was able to start working again (my fatigue was also gone) I want to feel that way again, for good. But after two months it all went back to before.

I know there is no cure and mine seems to come back very easily and quickly after being removed. Should I just consider having a full hysterectomy since most things I have read said it will be my best choice to have them not come back? I understand that means I will never have kids and will go through early menopause, but if it means not being sick and able to hold a job for the first time in 3 years I think it may be worth it.
I would really love some feed back or any ideas for other options.

Oh also, I have been on multiple birth controls and they have not helped, and since I already have osteoporosis I am not able to willing take the shots available. So medicines don't seem to work with my conditions.
Hello alex231,
Some of the symptoms you have mentioned are not commonly associated with endometriosis. I would also be interested to know why a 23 yo has osteoporosis. When laparoscopic surgery is performed in a patient with a history of pelvic pain post-operative placebo effect is rather common lasting up to one to two months after surgery. I recommend that you be evaluated by an internal medicine doctor and/or endocrinologist to address some of your concerns. Hysterectomy alone is not curative on endometriosis.
Best wishes,