Hysterectomy Expert Forum
Hysterectomy than knee pain and stiffness

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

I had a complete hysterectomy on 9/20/12, about 6 weeks or so after, I was holding alot of water weight, for about 7 days, when i lost the water weight, my right knee was swollen, and stiff...it continued to get worse, about 2 weeks later it went into my left knee also, I could barely walk, my MD tested for RA, and a few other things, it all came back normal, I went to a knee DR, they took x-rays, said they where pretty good, and than got cortisone shots in both knees. within 24 hours I was pain free and within 3 days swelling was gone, i was back to walking some on treadmill, and had lost 7lbs of the 30 gained since surgery.now 5 weeks later symptoms have returned my right knee is swollen, and stiff, and my left just started 2 days ago..I did not ever injure either knee, I am worried they are missing something.and i can not have the shots again for 2 months...i bought a 300$ stationary bike like they said, could only use it 2 times...seems like no one can help, the anti inflammatory does nothing but upset my stomach, the cream they gave works some..I feel like im trapped in a nightmare, my body is in the worst shape ever! i want to go back to work, and be active as i was before surgery....Can you help??

I feel pretty confident in informing you that your health concerns are unrelated to your hysterectomy and at best coincidental. I recommend that you follow up with your doctors as advised. Best wishes!

Regards,