Hysterectomy Expert Forum
Hysterectomy than knee pain and stiffness
About This Forum:

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hysterectomy than knee pain and stiffness

I had a complete hysterectomy on 9/20/12, about 6 weeks or so after, I was holding alot of water weight, for about 7 days, when i lost the water weight, my right knee was swollen, and stiff...it continued to get worse, about 2 weeks later it went into my left knee also, I could barely walk, my MD tested for RA, and a few other things, it all came back normal, I went to a knee DR, they took x-rays, said they where pretty good, and than got cortisone shots in both knees. within 24 hours I was pain free and within 3 days swelling was gone, i was back to walking some on treadmill, and had lost 7lbs of the 30 gained since surgery.now 5 weeks later symptoms have returned my right knee is swollen, and stiff, and my left just started 2 days ago..I did not ever injure either knee, I am worried they are missing something.and i can not have the shots again for 2 months...i bought a 300$ stationary bike like they said, could only use it 2 times...seems like no one can help, the anti inflammatory does nothing but upset my stomach, the cream they gave works some..I feel like im trapped in a nightmare, my body is in the worst shape ever! i want to go back to work, and be active as i was before surgery....Can you help??
1616302 tn?1388163528
Hello,

I feel pretty confident in informing you that your health concerns are unrelated to your hysterectomy and at best coincidental. I recommend that you follow up with your doctors as advised. Best wishes!

Regards,
Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now