Hysterectomy Expert Forum
Muscle/Joint Pains after Total Hysterectomy

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

I had undergone Total Abdominal Hysterectomy last April 2012. And then after a month, I felt back pain. I thought it was the after effect of drugs during the procedure...as days went on, my knees had the same too..I went to see my OB and required blood tests for Potassium and Uric, it was found Negative, and immediately prescribed Difenax for pain, it helped though, but  I had to see an Orthopedic Surgeon for proper evaluation. Undergo series of x-rays for my knees. All results went well, I am not an Osteo-Arthritis candidate, and I am presently taking Alfa-Calcinol for calcium. but the thing is the pain and numbness reappears if I stopped the pain reliever. My question is, does the pain has to do with my hormones?  do I need to take hormonal replacement pills? Will it lessen the pain on my knees as well? I dont wanna be independent on drugs specifically pain relievers..I need help..please.
Tags: Osteoporosis, after hysterectomy, Arthritis
Do you know if you had both ovaries removed? Total abdominal hysterectomy does not mean you had both of your ovaries removed. As long as you have one ovary and under the age of 47.5 you are less likely to be experiencing symptoms associated with low estrogen. In the event that you have had both ovaries removed, hormone replacement is not warranted for treatment of knee pain. Consider seeing a rheumatologist being that you have been seen by an orthopedist.

Regards,
I have gone to an Orthopedist. Had bone scan...diff xrays...It was found negative of arthritis or rheumatism...I feel pain still...thank you