Hysterectomy Expert Forum
Pain after hysterectomy
About This Forum:

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pain after hysterectomy

I am 6 wks post surgery, I was sent home after 2 day sin the hospital. I develop severe pain at home the 5th day I wen to the er they found an infection, abcess (abscess) in my abdomen, My GYN told me this sometimes happens and it might take 3 months for the abcess (abscess) to go away, in the meantime I deveop UTI, Years infection and I cant sit, stand or walk without peeing myself. My doctor has completely ignore my complaints brushing it off as is normal after a hysterectomy. I am 48 years old I have to wear a diaper sbecause I am concerned about leaking urine all day. IS this normal, to develp infections after hysterectomy. Yesterday I started discharging a brown discharge, it has a slight smell, and I am in such severe pain that it hurts to even drive. I am a diabetic and my sugar has been normal until I had the surgery, my doctor told me that as long as I have an infection the sugar will not go back to normal. Can anyone tell meif they have gone thru this. I have not been able to go back to work beacuse of thepain.