Hysterectomy Expert Forum
Pain after hysterectomy

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

Pain after hysterectomy

I am 6 wks post surgery, I was sent home after 2 day sin the hospital. I develop severe pain at home the 5th day I wen to the er they found an infection, abcess (abscess) in my abdomen, My GYN told me this sometimes happens and it might take 3 months for the abcess (abscess) to go away, in the meantime I deveop UTI, Years infection and I cant sit, stand or walk without peeing myself. My doctor has completely ignore my complaints brushing it off as is normal after a hysterectomy. I am 48 years old I have to wear a diaper sbecause I am concerned about leaking urine all day. IS this normal, to develp infections after hysterectomy. Yesterday I started discharging a brown discharge, it has a slight smell, and I am in such severe pain that it hurts to even drive. I am a diabetic and my sugar has been normal until I had the surgery, my doctor told me that as long as I have an infection the sugar will not go back to normal. Can anyone tell meif they have gone thru this. I have not been able to go back to work beacuse of thepain.
Greetings sayala072963,
Postoperative infections after surgery is a risk and even more so in a diabetic. I recommend you have additional imaging to evaluate the progress of your reported abscess. Sometimes abscesses do not respond to antibiotics and may be a source of your pain. It also seems that you may have developed stress urinary incontinence. If your gynecologist does not perform urinary incontinence procedures you should be seen by a urologist being that you are now more than 12 wks after surgery. Best wishes!
I'm so sorry to read about your complications.  NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO DEVELOP INFECTIONS AFTER ANY SURGERY!  If your surgeon is ignoring your pleas, ask your friends for an ob/gyn who listens.

DON'T WAIT!  :Look for a responsible and responsive physician.

Hysterectomies are MAJOR surgeries.  Don't let anyone belittle your needs or concerns.

GET HELP!