Hysterectomy Expert Forum
Pain at the end of urination

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

Pain at the end of urination

I had a partial hysterectomy done in January of this year where I still have both ovaries. June 18th was the first day I did a full body workout of cardio. On June 19th when I went to urinate at the end I felt a tight pain as if something was squeezing down and stopping my urination. When I wiped there was a spot of blood. I figured I may have strained myself with the workout so I would see if it was still doing it by the next day. Yesterday the pain eased up and no blood when I wiped towards the end of the day. Today the pain towards the end of urination feeling as if something is squeezing to cut off my urination is still active and light pinkish spot when I wipe. Also beginning today I have extensive urges to urinate as if I have been holding it for hours and when I go it's only a light sprinkle of urination. What could this be? Did I cause injury to myself from my surgery or is this something else?
Hello Keyonu,
Being that you did so well during the post-op period I am reluctant to relate your concerns to your hysterectomy. Nonetheless, blood in your urine and sensations of not being able to empty completely are concerning and should be evaluated by a urologist ASAP. Good luck!

Regards,

Erich T.Wyckoff, MD, FACOG