Hysterectomy Expert Forum
Post Hysterectomy Hematoma
About This Forum:

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Post Hysterectomy Hematoma

I had my total hysterectomy on October 22. I was discharged on October 25. I had pain going even for urinating. After 5-6 days I had a fiver 99.1- 99.3 and cold sweats, which I thought was normal. I was taken to the hospital on October 31 with terrible pain and pressure in my pelvic area. After getting CT scan they found out that I have huge hematoma 11cm by 7cm. I asked my surgeon to evacuate hematoma because I had severe pain and also I was scared that it might start infection. My surgeon doesn't want to do anything and he asked me to go back and see him in two weeks. I can't walk normally, can't seat, can't urinate without pain, sometimes I have shutting pain in my lower back.
I am lost and so scared what to do. If anyone can please give me an advise how to behave, and also if there is any treatments for this kind of hematomas to be evacuated. Thank you very much. I appreciate your help. God bless you!!!
Irma 43 y.    
1616302_tn?1388163528
Sorry to hear your misfortune. Hematomas can be tricky. If you're not careful surgical intervention may make it worse. If feasible reabsorption of a hematoma naturally it's a good option. Sometimes referral to an interventional radiologist can be helpful. If you are indeed having trouble with voiding please make sure your gynecologist is aware of this. I hope this helps. Best wishes!

Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979