Hysterectomy Expert Forum
Rare Condition Please help

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

Rare Condition Please help

For the last 20 years, every 12 months I have to have a DNC or I swell in my feet, ankles, legs and stomach. I swell so bad that my legs split open. Then I have my DNC and I'm great. Until 12 months has gone by and it starts all over again. I had my DNC 4 weeks ago and for the first time it didn't work. I have had 2 C-Sections, my cervix is very very small. The scare tissue builds up and blocks me and then I swell. Dr. look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them. I have been ck for Heart Failure , Kidneys , Diabetes, You name it, they have check it. They never listen to me. Now I'm in trouble, my DNC is no longer working and the Doctors won't listen to me. I need my uterus removed. I can't take all this water I'm carrying with me. I can't even walk my legs are so big, ankles , n feet. Looks like Elephant legs n feet. I'm trap in this body and it hurts  I can't live like this...please help me!                                                
Hello Julie,
I am no sure that you can 100% be certain that your uterus is the cause of your symptoms. I do recall a case on mine in which a lady had unilateral swelling of the left lower extremity secondary to mass effect of a very large fibroid uterus;  so anything is possible. Following her hysterectomy her leg swelling resolved. A MRI or detailed pelvic sonogram may help you in your work-up. If your uterus and uterine vasculature is normal I encourage you to follow with an internist for evaluation of more common culprits. Best wishes!
Thank you Dr. Wyckoff. I just had an MRI,showed nothing like always. It's more swelling on my right side, my right leg gets bright red n feels very hot. Why would the D&C always work? I would drop 80 pounds of water. When I was pregnant It was the same thing. My first preg. my Dr. was freaking out, I gained 147 pounds, swollen. When I Had my baby I drop 50 pounds. The rest was off in 2 weeks. My Dr. was shock. My next preg. my Dr. was not so worried, he would say wait till she has the baby, she goes down in 2 weeks . It's amazing. Dr. I just know it's some how is connected. I'm having an ultrasound tomorrow, which never shows anything ever. It's so horrible living and walking around with all this water, n Ican.t just go n have my D&C. No longer works.
Dr. Wyckoff,

I wanted you to know I had my Ultrasound, my lining was thick, and my left ovary was not found.My Cervix is very small in size. This new Dr., a Women, does not have my best interest. My Dr. is going to redo my D & C tomorrow morning. This should end my 4 1/2 month nightmare. Scare Tissue is so very dangerous. Doctors need more training in this field. Every Dr I have met regarding this problem looks at me like I'm crazy, and it's not right, it's very serious for me. In the Medical Field, NOTHING should be impossible! Because ANYTHING is possible, and I'm living proof. I know my body like no one does. I well let you know Dr. W. I know I'll be fine this time. Cause my Dr. will have the right tools this time to get it done right. Thanks for being here for me! Your GreaT!