Hysterectomy Expert Forum
anyone
About This Forum:

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

anyone

I had a robotic hysterectom 4 months ago. They also took out my cervic.  I can feel hard threadlike stitches inside of me. I was told that thery were supposed to use desolving stitches. Is this true. I am having pain on my right side also. My husband said that when we are having sex that he can feel the thread and it is hurting him. Is this normal? My doctor is on vacation and won't be back until Oct 3rd and can't see me until Oct 10th. what can I do?? Any suggestion? I need help please. Anyone.
1616302_tn?1388163528
Hello needtoknow00,
I can not speak for every surgeon but it is common practice for surgeons to use dissolving suture, especially in sensitive areas like the vaginal cuff. However their are always exceptions, especially if grafts were placed. Unfortunately you must follow up with your surgeon for answers. If it is a suture that has been around for 4 months and causing symptoms perhaps it can be removed in the office.

Best wishes
2 Comments
Blank
3185070_tn?1344704177
I had a da Vinci hysterectomy also (last year). Those probably ARE stitches on your vaginal cuff. My gyn said they can take up to 6 months to dissolve.
Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979