Hysterectomy Expert Forum
bladder and bowel problems

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

bladder and bowel problems

i had a hysterectomy on dec 13,2011. i have been having trouble with my bladder and bowels ever since. i get constipated alot and nothing seems to help. some things help for  a few days but then stops working. also it hurts when i have sex. my back also hurts really bad. i have had an mri and a ct scan but nothing shows up. im in pain and it gets worse when i have sex. i don;t know what else to do. can u help me?
Greetings Kayla,
It is often tricky to decipher GI symptoms from GYN concerns. I am happy to hear you are working with a gynecologist who seems to have an interest in helping you get to the root of the problem. More than likely if you had endometriosis it would have been discovered at the time of your hysterectomy. As far as painful intercourse is concerned you may benefit from a referral for pelvic floor physical therapy. Your upper stomach pains are likely GI in origin. Best wishes!

Its been sometime since your post...I have a lot of your same symptoms. Have you found out what's been wrong?
i am going to see a Gi dr in a couple of weeks. i had to get on antibiotics because the stomache pains got worse. it went all over my stomache. dr told me i had an infection in my colon. i have to have some tests done tom and i see the Gi dr on the 26 th of this month. it still hurts when i have sex with my husband so we have to try other things,but since im hurting im not always in the mood. it really puts a strain on your marriage. i went back to the gyn and he changed my hormone meds. he put me on one without estragen to see if some endemetriosis may have been left behind. he said it would burn it out or something. if that didnt work it was my colon. well it hasnt worked so far. ive only been on it a week and the stomache pains are still there. i have upper stomache pains to, which makes me think it could possibly be my colon,which i didn't have trouble with until i had the hysterectomy. it was suppose to make me better ,but instead caused new problems that i didnt need.