Hysterectomy Expert Forum
feelings after partial hysterectomy

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

feelings after partial hysterectomy
Hi, I am a soon to be 53 year old who just had my uterous and right overy removed. I had the surgery 11 days ago. I was wondering if feeling depressed is to be expected. I do have ADHD/GAD and am currently on medication for both.
Greetings Debbie5cats,
Some when report having a transient depressed feeling status post hysterectomy. Some patients report that they feel that after removing there uterus they feel as though the surrendered a portion of there women hood. For the most part this concern is small in number and usually resolved within a year. Not likey due to estrogen deficiency being that you are 53 but could be.

best wishes,