Hysterectomy Expert Forum
inflamation
About This Forum:

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

inflamation

I have uterine fibromas. A month ago I was treated for severe inflamation (inflammation). My results today again show severe inflamation (inflammation) and metaplasia. The recomendation was to repeat the papanicolaou with colposcopia.  Had one half  my right overy removed because of quist and now have one on my left ovary. Do you think this indicates that i should go for hyterectomy?
Tags: ovary
1616302_tn?1388163528
Hello oldie,

I don't feel that I have enough information to make that assessment for you. It appears that you are describing two separate problems. One is uterine fibroids and the other one is abnormal Pap smear's.The changes you described above "inflammation and metaplasia" do not want hysterectomy. They are often transient and will resolve spontaneously.The fact that you had ovarian cyst that were successfully treated does not warrant intervention at this time. Often hysterectomy does not involve compromise of the ovaries anyway. Uterine fibroids, If found to be symptomatic may warrant hysterectomy. You should discuss your concerns with your gynecologist in detail. I hope this information is helpful.

Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703