Hysterectomy Expert Forum
night sweats after partial hysterectomy

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

night sweats after partial hysterectomy

I had my uterus removed at the beginning of January due to endometriosis.  I had been getting complex cysts on my left ovary, had 1 removed 10 months prior to hysterectomy.  I was having painful and heavy periods and getting periods often.  The doctor told me that he left the ovaries in but was able to clean out the endo.  Now I am waking up in the middle of the night soaked to the point that I have to get up and change my pajamas after cleaning myself up.  Is this normal?  I still have my ovaries so I dont think I should be getting hot flashes or night sweats.  Anyone have any thoughts?
Greetings,

You did not mention your age. If you were treated with lupron which is commonly used in the treatment of endometriosis your symptoms may be related to use of this medication. You can request that your gynecologist evaluate your ovarian reserve via FSH and supply you with a copy of your operative report. I recommend a follow up visit with your gynecologist to discuss your concerns. Best Wishes!