Hysterectomy Expert Forum
stabbing pain
About This Forum:

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

stabbing pain

I had a laporscopic hysterectomy 1 week ago. Stayed one night at the hospital. I was doing fairly good with the pain. It was more of a throbbing pain which I expected. But was able to manage with the meds prescribed. But the night before last I started to get very bad sharp stabbing pains in my lower abdominal area. Its getting to where it hurts to move and I am no longer able to manage the pain. There is no bleeding and a little discharge which I haven't noticed any oder. Is this normal? Should I call my doctor? Go to er? Or wait it out?
1616302_tn?1388163528
Greetings blondiegirl83,

In general your pain should get better each day. If this is not the case you should follow up with you surgeon for further instruction. Make sure that you are taking it easy and not doing anything to exacerbate your pain.

Best wishes,
Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity