Hysterectomy Expert Forum
told to have hysterectomy

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

told to have hysterectomy
hi- my obgyn recommended I get a hysterectomy due to fibroids externally and growth inside uterus wall that causes pain/excessive bleeding.  I decided to do UAE instead which helped some.  My question now is I have a polyp in my gallbladder and some nagging slight pain and occasional nausea in gallbladder area.  Is there any connection between symptoms for uterus fibroid issues and gallbladder issues? specifically I mean the pains.  Are my uterus pains radiating to my gallbladder area? or visa versa?  My gi doc says I need a hida scan if my pains continue.  I had a month of frequent nausea.  I guess I just want to know if I should persue uterus tests (ultrasound again) or gall bladder tests. Which is more likely the culprit? thank you
Hello heather1feather,
I recommend that you proceed with workup of your gallbladder. Anything is possible, but for the most part the uterus does not affect the gallbladder in negative way and these are likely to unrelated conditions. I hope this helps.

regards,