Hysterectomy Expert Forum
wife has changed

This forum is a place to post your questions about HYSTERECTOMY including causes, complications, treatment, surgery, advanced treatments and tests.

wife has changed

My wife had a hysterectomy 4 years ago and has been slowly changing. She has no sexual desires at all and in the last year has lost the way she used to feel for me. We have gone through marriage counseling for eight months and now says she just does not feel the same towards me.She is now sleeping and living in a seperate part of the house.She will not even touch me let alone say i love you. She is now looking to move out and end the marriage.She is not taking any harmones and has a poor diet. She gained a lot of weight after the surgery and then had a full gastric bypass and lost a lot of weight. I have asked her to go get her harmones checked but she has not.She says she does not no why she lost her feelings for me and its her not me.I love her dearly and dont no what else to do. Can a harmone imbalance cause these changes in her feelings and emotions? Thank you bob.
Hello Bob,

I don't  have enough information to comment on whether her hormones may have been adversely affected. Some hysterectomies involve removal of the ovaries and some do not. The ovaries produce hormones and when surgically removed in a fertile patient can be associated with decreased libido. It seems that your concerns extend pass decreased libido. Your theory is plausible but uncommon.