Hysterectomy Community
30mm Uterine Hyperpasia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

30mm Uterine Hyperpasia

I am 47 year with 2 children. I have multiple fibroids but regular normal periods. Recently starting very heavy periods with clots and then irregular bleeding with pain & heaviness in left pelvis . MRI showed a large fibroids 7 and one 4 cm with smaller ones with calcification. But the wrorring part is thicken endometrium of 30mm. I had been wrongly taking a high amount of estrogen containing food such as flax seeds and flax seed capsule and dairy product. It was after I started having night sweets which is gone now. Hysteroscopy showed over growth of tissue with bleeding points. Have been advised hystrectomy. Somehow the pelvic pressure is reduced after the procedure ( waiting for biopsy result). But still bleeidng. Please advise. Thank you.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
The biopsy report will make matters clear. This can be a benign condition like an endometrial hyperplasia, but endometrial cancer needs to be excluded. Hysterectomy will be necessary in view of the multiple large fibroids.
Hope this helps.
Blank
3386690_tn?1347265123
Many thanks.

Report says

Copious endometrial curetting showing an increase in gland:stroma ratio.
Glands have irregular outlines are variable in size and show foci of
budding, branching and tortuosity.Mitotic activity is identified and
Foci of Mild Cytological Atypia are noted. The stroma is cellular  
and contains telangiectatic blood vessels. Foci of glandular and stromal break down are noted.

I feel devastated. Please advise.
Blank
wow- i hope u are ok!  I have 12 cysts in various sizes. they did a patial and then a month later a total,due to fibroids and the endo kept growing back and i had so much pain.. My doctor wouldn't even do hormones until 1 1/2 yr after the surgery,since he was afraid that the endo would grow back..
Blank
hi- have you heard of uterine arterial embolization? I had this done to shrink my fibroids.  I didnt want a hysterectomy.  It cut down my bleeding and bloating issues by 50%.  Its was very quick and no side effects.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...