Hysterectomy Community
Abnormal Pap smear showing endometrial cells
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Abnormal Pap smear showing endometrial cells

I just got a call from my Gyno saying that my pap came back showing endometrial cells.  I'm 41 and premenopausal.  I've been having my period twice a month with cramping and heavy blending during both periods for 4 out of the seven to nine days it lasts.  I'm freaking out!!!!  I've been searching online but can't seem to find a clear answer. Can anyone help explain what might be going on ???
HI,
An abnormal pap smear should be followed up with a colposcopy. However for the heavy and frequent bleeding you need to have an ultrasound to assess the thickness of the endometruim and to see whether an endometrial biopsy is necessary. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank