Hysterectomy Community
Abnormal pap post hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Abnormal pap post hysterectomy

I am 49 years old. I had a total hysterectomy 9 Years ago. I have been going every year for an annual pap test. The results this time came back shown glandular cells-what does that mean?
Related Discussions
599170_tn?1300977493
landular cells are cells which excrete some substance in the body. When glandular cells become cancerous, the resulting tumor is called an adenocarcinoma. Common substances for glandular cells to secrete include hormones, mucous, and lubricating fluids.

do you have your cervix still? sometimes its removed during hysterectomy sometimes not, dont jump the gun worrying about cancer..odds are high in your favor, and good for you to still get pap smears many slack on that post hyster.

If you do indeed have your cervix I would tell you to likely prepare yourself that the dr will reccomend removing it.

please write back let me know how you are

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank