Adhesions and hysterectomy
I am 52 yrs and had 2 myomectomies so far. But the fibrods are back and huge. I feel the pressure of it and my belly protrudes so I look very pregnant. I have been advised not to have a hsterectomy as I may have adhesion and that can cause compilcations in surgery eg. perforation of my bladder resulting in me having a urine bag. I have also developed a fear of anasthetic. To put it sismply the doctorsaid I may go in with a condition that is not a medical problem and come out with one.
your doctor is wrong many women have a hysterectomy with adhesions my doctor had to peeel my bladder off of scar tissue and the peel my ovary off my bowle he sound slike he dont want to do te=he surgerie ...is he a very old doctor....perhaps not up on laproscopic hysterectomies?// thats the route you want to go faster recovery less invasinve...as for scaring you by saying he may ruptre bladder thats rotten and a ruptured bladder can be repaIRED.PM me if I can be of further help,
Thanks Cherie. You have already helped a lot.
The 2 doctors that told me this are US based. My doctor in Guyana(South America) never mentioned the adhesions and i was assuming that he was not as qualified or just did not want to mention that to scare me so i have not gone back to him since. As you can imagine, the US is more technologically advanced so I was really placing their assessment above the doctor here. I think I now have the courage to at least discuss it with the doctor here who has been urging me to have the surgery. If you know of any doctor in NY (that is where I have my insurance) who is ok with dealing with the adhesions please let me know.  
any gyn should be ok with adhesions they are as common as scar tissue it happens alot..if dr feels bladder may be a problem ask him to bring a urologist on board many women get prolpsed bladders during hyster and they jst sew them up no problem at all.
OK Thanks
Hi, I just left a note for you on your profile. I cannot tell if it posted or not! Take care and let me know if you have any questions.

Mary
Hi Mary i just read it. no other question . Thanks