Hysterectomy Community
After effects of total Hysterectomy and Hormone replacements

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Hello Ladies....This is not a question but just my story......I had a total and complete hysterectomy 12 yrs ago (34 yrs old at the time) due to endometriosis and never could have children. Having a total hysterectomy can make you do things you would never dream of doing. I had been married to a man 14 yrs older than me and oh what a good man he was but I decided to have an affair that lasted 2 yrs then felt guilty and ended it. I decided also that my marriage was over after 24 yrs and divorced. I remarried a man 22 yrs older than me and we have the most awesome marriage anyone can ask for in life. He is my soul-mate. I do want y'all to know that you do go thru changes when you have this done but you do finally settle down and break free of the change of life thingy.....

What I want to say hear is that I was on all different kinds of estrogens for years then my Dr decided to start me on the shots 2 yrs ago with the highest amount you can take which was Estradiol 5mg. I would be ok for the first week then the hot flashes would begin again. I suffered more on all the estrogens than you can imagine. I have been off them for a while now (11 months) and feel so much better and OH the hot-flashes only come here and there where as they were awful all the time on hormone therapy. I started taking an antidepressant the minute I had my hysterectomy so I never had any mood swings nor did I ever gain any weight. As a matter of fact, I lost down to 96 pds (5'7) which is unusual but have put some weight on since so I do look a lot better. I just y'all to know that even thru all the hormone therapies I still got osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and extremely dry skin.

I would say to experiment around with it and go from there. I can only tell you what affects it had on me. Good luck and know that there is no book on how to tell you what all you feel like or go thru. Just learn as you go.

God Bless