Hysterectomy Community
After surgery bloating and the Dr.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

After surgery bloating and the Dr.

Hello, I am brand spankin' new here.  I had surgery a month ago, I couldn't tell you what kind other than it has to do with a "loop" in the name of it.  I had HPV and the Dr. went in and scraped it out.  That is my understanding.

I am still bloated, no matter what herbal or homeopathic remedies, or OTC pills I take. My diet has changed to mostly fruits and straight pork, like pork and seeds, I don't like meat any way.  No matter what I eat I blow up.   I am sick of wearing sweat pants, thankfully I can wear them to work.  I haven't been back for the check up and don't know if I will go.  I hate the Dr. but since I am on Medicare or Medicaid ( i don't remember which one) I chose this Dr. because people were pushing me to get the surgery done.  I didn't have the leisure to pick one or go talk to one.

I know that bloating for a little while is normal but J*&$##!  I had an emergency appendectomy several years ago and didn't bloat.  And my appendix ruptured!

Now the Dr., a week after surgery, tells me he wants me to have a hystorectomy.  ( I guess I can't spell it).  I have been short changed by Dr.'s and don't trust them, I accidentally found out that I didn't get a pre-op appointment to be told what to expect during surgery or after surgery.  The only time I have heard from the Dr. was 3 days after surgery when he told me he wanted me to have the hysterectomy.  (ha, I figured out how to spell it)  

I used to want the hysterectomy when I was a teen because of sever pain with cramps.  Now, I don't trust so I don't want to do it.  I don't have periods any more anyway thanks to the depo.

I just want the bloating to go away.  If that means having the hysto then so be it!

Comments appreciated, I know that a lot will say that I should just go back to the Dr. but that probably won't happen, his god complex and all that.

Thank you
Kiruru
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Do you still have  the bloating you mentioned? Abdominal bloating may be attributed to a variety of issues such as gastrointestinal conditions, medication side effects and even weight gain. However, if it persists further evaluation may need to be done to rule out serious disorders such as ascites and tumors, celiac disease, Dumping syndrome and even Ovarian cancer. Seeking another doctor's opinion may also help if not sure to have hysterectomy. Take care and hope everything is fine. Do keep us posted. Best regards.