Hysterectomy Community
Anyone had Uterine Fibroid Embolization?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Considering this versus a hysterectomy since Dr. feels I would be a good candidate now.  Please no comments from HERS  Foundation, I already know what you think.  Thank you.
I had it done 3 times.  First time it worked for 6 months, then 3 months and the last time maybe 1 month.  The dr. of all the ones he had done, and that was a lot, I was one of two that it didn't work so well for.  I would definitly go that way versus hysterectomy.
thank you.  I haven't been able to find anyone that has actually had it done.  Do you mind telling me about your healing?  and the surgery itself?  The Dr. I found is in another city at a University hospital and has done over 300.  Did you have pain with your fibroid before? any bladder issues?  did it put you in menopause?  Thankyou.  Sorry for all of the questions.. but you are first person I've talked to that has had it done.  I've seen stuff on some other sites are not favorable.  You can PM me if you'd like.
Sorry I haven't had it done but I sure hope if you do it that it works for you!  It would be great if you could avoid the hyster.
You'd think in this day and age we could do a bit better than the HERSFOUNDATION at times, wouldn't you.  
It is sure is hard to find answers to a question such as yours.  Makes you wonder why the average medical facility is so resistant to any alternatives.  Have you looked at the Dr Northrup books or site?  Might be something there, I don't know.
Best of luck to you!  Keep researching!
Katie