Anyone on premarin? I am 39 and I just started it
I am 39 years old and have suffered with ovarian cysts, fibroids, endometriosis, heavy and long periods.  My dr. did a hysterectomy last week where he removed my uterus, cervix, right ovary and tube.  I lost my left ovary in 2009 due to cysts.  I did not experience any symptoms at all during my one night stay in the hospital.  I have read how women immediately have symptoms after surgery.  Luckily for me I didn't. I was fine the next day as well.  I asked my dr who prescribed premarin when I should take it and he said right now if I wanted to.  I didn't want to because I am not agreeing with being on hrt. I hated the birth control pill because of  the side effects. I was getting worried the next day thinking I better take it to prevent bone loss, hot flashes, ect...  I went ahead the next day and started the pill 1.25. I have felt great, more balanced.  But I do occasionally get headaches and fatigue.  I sord of blame it on my surgery that I am still recovering,.  I has been 8 days.  I wanted to ask is there anyone out there on premarin and how have you done?  I have never asked my dr how long do I need to take this.  My follow up I will.  I don't like reading that it increases heart attacks and breast cancer.  I feel like if I hadn't started it would I be ok.  I am so young and I don't want to take it for the rest of my life.
I can only give you my personal opinion. There is no way I would Take Premarin. There are other HRT meds that I feel are safer. You can also try the natural route and try Black Cohosh. I hope I spelled that right. It can be bought over the counter.
You have no reproductive system so you could have hormone problems for the rest of your life. Some women do very well with no HRT after a hysterectomy while others don't.
I say that I don't like Premarin because I've had family members and friends on it. In my opinion from what I've seen it has a high risk of heart disease and cancer.
I had a complete hysterectomy at 25, I'm 51 now and I take Estrodial. I'm thinking of trying Black Cohosh though to see how I do on it.
You are in control of what you put in your body.
I hope you feel better soon. Remember, no steps, no lifting and no sex for at least 6 weeks. Your body needs that time to recover and heal.