Bladder problems
I had a Partial Hysterectomy 2 years ago, they also put my bladder ina sling. Now having some problems urinating with pain and bleed ing. Theuy aren't sure what's going on yet. Does anyone know if sling can come undone and what the symptoms are?
Correct me if I am wrong - but they do that sling procedure b/c of leaky bladder right?

If so - I have been told by a close friend that removing that is possible- but since the organ depended on the sling it may drop further when removed.
yes. I had a leaky bladder. I'm just wondering if the sling can come undone or come unattatched?
Years ago, like 25 or 30 I had a bladder sling. The Dr. Warned me about gaining weight at the time, which I have gained a LOT of weight. Recently I had a X-ray that showed one of the clips. My question is, is the sling there or has it come loose? My Dr. now says that does not happen, but I know it does. I am more than concerned. What type of test of MRI, or whatever can be done to assure me it has not come loose from the clips. PLEASE
***@****
anything is possible...much depends on the skill of the surgeon placing the slings ...I have pretty much all organs left in my pelvis held up with mesh and am almost 3 years out...and though my repairs are holding gravity of our body will make things begin to gravitate down as our tissues weaken...I do not think the mesh generally breaks or comes undone...although I am sure anything is possible..I do feel like mine have lowered despite being held up by mesh because it's our tissues that the mesh is sewn into so I don't see how a dr. could say it's not possible for it to come undone...it may not be the mesh it's self but more the tissues allowing the mesh sutures to either come slowly down through the tissues/muscles it was sewn into or the ligaments are stretching...if you are having problems with pain they need to figure it out! It could also be pelvic floor dysfunction...this is when the muscles become so tight they no longer remember how to relax (not you) your nervous system sends improper signals not allowing the muscles to relax...yoga is great for this (although not perfect), vaginal valium can help some...botox can help if you can get it...I had it with my surgery and it's taken me a year to get it from my local dr. because I had flown out of state to see a urogyneclolgist/endometriosis specialist for my major surgery...have since had 4 more (in the same year)... gallbladder (endometriosis), a new rectocele developed right where the mesh stopped and the space before my anus was because of the pelvic floor dysfunction...the stool pushed where the least amount of resistance was...which created a new prolapse...I then had the interstim placement (2 surgeries) which has helped some but not a complete fix...so anyway...if something doesn't feel right it's most likely not we should not be in pain or having dysfunction with sex, bowel movements or urination...this is UNACCEPTABLE So if your dr is dismissing you...move on and get a second, third...tenth opinion...they are practicing medicine and can't possible know your body as well as you know your body...keep pushing for answers...get copies of all your medical notes, read them...learn the dr. language then you will be better equipped to speak in a calm, professional manner and get the answers you need! I am having botox injections in 15 days but it took me a year to get this dr. to comply to my want and I did have to do some things he wanted first like the interstim even though I did not really want it...but it's there now so whatever...keep fighting for your wellness! No one cares about YOU as much as YOU do! Keep going!