Bleeding/Spotting Fibroids
I'm 42 and found out that I had a fibroid about a year ago. It has since doubled in size and for the past few months I've gone from just having heavy periods to spotting/bleeding for the entire month in between.  Of course my Dr is recommending a hysterectomy however I've been looking at the other options, is there anything that I can do to simply alleviate the bleeding? I'm not ready quite yet, to  pursue the hysterectomy option.

Thanks so much for answering.
hysteroscopic resection (lap/ DaVinci) which can be done through the cervix without the need for an incision. usually can remove myomas that are partially into wall of uterus...this is a more high tech surgery than a standard hyster..although I got a DaVinci hysterectomy..Drs a learning but still not a lot qualified.

removing a fibroid is usually a good alternative to a hysterectomy which should be the last resort.

Cherie