Hysterectomy Community
Bleeding/Spotting Fibroids
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bleeding/Spotting Fibroids

I'm 42 and found out that I had a fibroid about a year ago. It has since doubled in size and for the past few months I've gone from just having heavy periods to spotting/bleeding for the entire month in between.  Of course my Dr is recommending a hysterectomy however I've been looking at the other options, is there anything that I can do to simply alleviate the bleeding? I'm not ready quite yet, to  pursue the hysterectomy option.

Thanks so much for answering.