Hysterectomy Community
Bleeding from vessels after surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Bleeding from vessels after surgery

I've had 4 surgeries in the last year and finally all of my female parts are gone and no sign of endo. so far.My question is  I just had my last surgery feb13,08 and am still bleeding and losing some small clots and cramping. My doctor said  the bleeding is from a vessel he stitched and clamped during my surgery and that I 'm very vascular in my pelvic region.Has anyone else had bleeding problems like this after all of your parts are gone?
I had TVH with many repairs on the 5th of Feb and I am still bleeding.
Dear Madge,
Has your doctor said how long you will be dealing with the bleeding? also, did this surgery throw you into the hot flashes,weight gain,and not being able to sleep? I certainly have had issues with all. I'm do to go back to the doctor this week, I hope he will have some answers and not try to put me on hormones. Please let me know  how your situation is.
                                                                       Thanks, myers4
I was told it could be up to 6 weeks, which it will be one week from today.  I had vaginal repairs and repair for fallen bladder and rectocele too.  No I was thru menopause 6 years ago, so I was done with that part....plus he didnt take ovaries...
I went back to the doctor today and he said all is healing well the bleeding has stopped some discharge will probably end in a couple of weeks. No signs of a fallen bladder , he said in the future I might have a problem with that. Was your bladder repair painful? and are you having any problems since you had the repair?
No in fact I am better than ever........I did not have much pain at all....I finally am almost done bleeding....saw my first stitch come out yesterday....woohoo....I go for 6 weeks check up Tuesday.  It did feel like something was coming down, but its not....its all ok. Glad you sound  better.
I had a cystocele repair on July 14 and everything went well.  Very little bleeding for the first nine days.  On day 10 I started have fresh bleeding and four days later I am still bleeding.  I am wondering why I am bleeding more 10 days post op.  Did this happen to you or were you having bleeding from the beginning.  My surgeon is away and I can't reach him until Wed.  Just wondered if this is normal and if anyone else has experienced this.

Ann