Hysterectomy Community
Burning Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Burning Pain

I am 25 and had a partial hysterectomy one year ago, since then I have had burning pain in my stomach about 30min before I have to go to the washroom (#2) and I also have not had a normal bowl movement. I have talked to many doctors about this but they seem not to care, and I have just been through a physical and they say I am healthy,  but I know there is something not right, does anyone know what might be causing this?
I can relate . I feel like the gas and bowel first has to move over my pelvic bone giving sharp pains only during those times . I had a TAH Aug. 11th this year . I have no answer for you I am sorry I am looking for answers to and have had no luck.

I wish you luck and hope one of us gets answers to our questions..
Wow. wait till  you read this. I think I may know exactly what is happening to you because it happened to me. I also had part. hyst. 1 year later was still dealing w left pelvic pain, had serious stomach pain  and back pain befor bms. I went for a ct scan ( which does not show scar tissue ) found med cyst on left ovary, Ok --here is the part where I think I know whats wrong with you, my entire left ovary was "engulfed" in scar tissue which had addhered to my intestine.So basically I am really lucky my bowel never ruptered . I think your doctor should do a diagnostic laproscopic. To actually see in the pelvis is the only way to get a diagnosis for scar tissue or addhesions. good luck. Please let me know when you get anwsers. Chere762
above forum does nor make complete sense unless I add on that obviously I had surgery to remove ovaries and tubes surgeon said it was very risky to remove scartissue that was stuck to my intestine. He had another surgeon on stand by if he needed him what should of been a 45 min operation turned into 3 hrs. cherie762
oh my gosh thanks for the info, would this not show up on an ultrasound?
Cherie, after you had the surgery to remove ovaries and tubes, has the burning stopped? and what would happen if you let it go and not have the surgery? I am going to make an appointment with the doctor and bring this up, thank you so much for taking the time to write an answer to my question.
You are welcome your forum really  jumped out at me. It sounds so like my story.Not having surgery was not an option for me. i was in very serious pain, in and out of er rooms and clinics for a year . Each time they did trans-vaginal and abdominal ultra sound. Several of those times they could not find my right ovary , they found cyst (which I know was there constantly) about 1/2 the time. it was a;ways in same local and smae siae3.0 cm. So I do not have much faith in ultrasounds as a dianostic tool, it is very hard to find scar tissue , or addhesions unless the doctor physically can see in the pelvic/abdominal cavity. When they did my partial hysterectomy 1 year ago they took photos of my inners there was no addhesions or scar tissue at that point.so it can develop quickly and if like I think you have something like scar tissue or addhesiions on your bowel.that would explain all of your symptoms.
the burning has stopped I am 6 days post op so still not back to normal but have had 2 bms with no back or stomach pain. ( other than stitches pulling) Good luck , let  me know .
Cherie762
Thank you so much for your info and I wish you all the best with your recovery.