Can I wait and watch an 8cm fibroid
I am 38 years old. I have an 8.5 cm fibroid and an enlarged uterus(about a 14 week pregnancy size)
I can feel the fibroid in my abdomen especially when my bladder is full. This is the reason I went to see the doctor - to find out what that hard mass was.
The doctor recommended a total laparoscopic hysterectomy. I do not want more children
I do have other symptoms like heavy bleeding and urinary frequency. But I do not think these symptoms are severe or affect my life so adversely that I should jump to surgery right away.
I want to wait and watch if my symptoms worsen.
Is it a bad idea to wait? Is an 8.5 cm fibroid only going to get worse?
I hope to offer some other options, suprised dr didnt mention, there is the possibility of albation, also hormones as in birth control pills or injections like Leupron ( this shot has side effects I warn of, depression, sometimes serious) anyways these meds should help Id try the bc pills first.
the Leupron will put you into a chemically induced menopause that will cut off feed to fibroid thus reducing symptoms.

Yes the fibroid untreated will very likely continue to grow.

In case you do end up needing a hyster, please start studying on the DaVinci Tobotic assisted hysterectomy method. It is the very best way to have the surgery.
typing error should read 'robotic"