Cervical stenosis and haematometra
Had an ablation 26   years ago and post op developed haematometra. I was put onto Livial and it worked fine.  Four years ago they stopped Livial as it was unavailable. recently they put me onto an estogen based hormone and I developed haematometra. I have a closed cervix. Stopped hormones but two months later developed haematometra again.  Attempted D & C was unsuccesful. Had an MRI and shows fluid in uterus, a 6mm subucous fibroid in posterior aspect. A involuted cervix.  No change in amount of fluid of past 6 months.    They want to do an abdominal hyst as the uterus is high up and cervix is also high but are concerned about scarring and complications as the risks are high.  What do I agree to or is their something else that can be done.  I am  70
HI,
Cervical dilatation is necessary for drainage of the haemotometra and also removal of the submucous polyp. If this is not possible then a hysterectomy may be necessary. You can take a second opinion regarding the matter. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.