Hysterectomy Community
Chronic Pelvic Pain after a Hysterectomy for stage IV Endomteriosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

I have suffered from endometriosis my entire life and have had numerous Laproskopys that diagnosed and remove the disease.  In 2006, at age 42, I had an abdominal hysterectomy with my ovaries and cervix removed.  In 2011 the familiar pain returned.  Another laprokopy was done in February where extensive adhesions were removed.  The pain returned in six months and I was put on Letrozle and physical therapy.  Another Laproskopy was done in July of 2012 where a small amount of scar tissue was removed but the pain has remained.  

I have been told that I have Chhronuc Pelvic pain and was put on numerous pain medication and spend 70% of everyday in bed with horrible Pain.  I have been disabled for over a year and the disability co. Won't pay any longer be because the pain can't be confirmed.  Doctors think it's deep seated.  Is there a test to confirm deeo seated endometriosis or that can validate the pain?  P,ease help mt pain is horrible and every day!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
To look for deep seated endometriosis, an ultrasound scan, CT scan and CA 125 levels may help. A correlation between findings of laparoscopy and diagnostic means is necessary. For pain caused by grade 4 endometriosis you can try medical therapy as you have already had many surgeries. Progesterone preparations and long acting preparations of gonadotropins may help. These drugs cause suppression of endometriosis. Discuss with your Doctor.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.