Hysterectomy Community
Closed CErvix
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Closed CErvix

I had a NovaSure procedure done in Dec of 2009. In June I ended up at the ER with really sharp abdominal pain, sonograms found blood clot. I had surgery 2 weeks later and about a week or so later the pain started again. My OB/GYN had Sonogram done and the test showed that a blood clot again surfaced at the same position the previous one was. The OB/GYN told me that my Cervix was closed and it was not letting my period flow out. The reason for the blood clots. She gave me 2 option" One) have my cervix opened thru surgery but, no guarantee that it will stay open or that it will work. 2) Have my ovaries removed so that I don't have a Menstrual Cycle.  I chose the second option but now all I read that it will send me to Menopause., I'm 44 and not ready for it. I need advice. Surgery is this October!!