Hysterectomy Community
DIZZINESS AFTER SURGER
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

DIZZINESS AFTER SURGER

After having a DaVinci robotic hysterectomy I have constant dizziness.  The surgeon said it was probably from the postion of my head during the surgery and suggested I see and ENT doctor which I did.  He thinks it is positional vertigo and gave me some excerises to do which haven't helped.  If I tilt my head forward or backward, look down, bend down or laydown I get severe vertigo.  The room just spins at 90 miles an hour. My vision is also being affected by this.  It lasts anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes and then I am OK until I get into one of those positions again.  I tried taking antivert and it made it worse.

I am also broken out in a rash all over my body and very itchy. This started the day after my surgery.  I was told it was from the anethesia but it is 12 days and I am still itchy and still have rashes all over my body.

Any suggestions on what it could be or treatments that might help?  I have to go back to work and I am afraid to drive because I never know when a spell is going to hit me.