Hysterectomy Community
Davinci Hysterectomy abdominal/thigh swelling
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Davinci Hysterectomy abdominal/thigh swelling

Hi I recently had a Davinci hysterectomy (12/14/12) and have a very swollen abdomen and thighs, will this eventually go down. I kept my ovaries, they removed the uterus, cervix and one fallopian tube. I feel fine, but I am having difficulty with this swelling and cant lose weight easily(I have been exercising two miles a day on treadmill and have cut back on my eating alot.) Any advice? Thank you.

Robyn in Florida
Hi,
How are you? After hysterectomy, symptoms such as pain, swelling and bruising in the  abdomen; blood-stained vaginal discharge;  numbness, tingling or a burning sensation around your scar and feeling emotional may be observed. It usually takes about four to 12 weeks to make a full recovery from an abdominal hysterectomy.However,  this varies between individuals. Regular follow-up with your attending physician is highly recommended. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...