Discharge after surgery
I had Laparoscopic (removed right ovary and tube) a week and a half ago.I am still having pain on the right side and now I have a heavy brown discharge..what is going on?? And should I even be having pain still?
Hi Mali, I can help you a bit I think I can answer is it unusual to still have pain?, the answer is no. As for should you still be having pain, only your doctor knows all your surgical specifics to answer that. I can tell you what my guess is as to what is happening and it happens often with your exact type of surgery.

First off a week and some few days is not along time post op, dont expect to feel pain free for probably two more weeks and pain varies as well as tolerance from person to person,although you had just an ovary and a tube removed think of it like this you had one major organ removed and one compnent of that organ , removing the fallopian tube is time consuming, theres a lot of vascular components involved.

anyways there are two ligaments on each side of the uterus, that go up towards the ovarian area, they grow and hold the preganant uterus, usually they have some trauma when the ovary is removed, they are moved out of the way or pressured etc, I get a feeling this may be the major source of pain also remember the void that is inside you is being filled fatty and muscular tissues are moving and changing.

If your pain level reaches a 7 and is not controllable with meds doc prescribed you please phone him...Also please no heavy lifting, do not have sex, no vaccuming..really take it easy, try bed rest for a day or two,,,also most people want to use heat for this type of pain NO HEAT, bad idea will increase any swelling and any possible bleeding, it sounds like it would not be comforting but please trust me on this an ice pack placed on the spot where your ovary used to be will feel wonderful,

let me know how your doing n any more questions please feel welcomed and ask !!
cherie
Thank you! That did help =)