Hysterectomy Community
Do I need an ablation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Do I need an ablation?

I mentioned to my OB/GYN that I had light spotting between my light periods (2-3 days) and asked if it was anything to be concerned about.  She did a ultrasound and found my endometrial lining was very thick so recently I went in for a endometrial biopsy (it is a painful process!) and it came back negative/benign.  I have about 4 fibroids, but at this time they don't bother me at all.  She wanted to do another ultrasound procedure to go in and see if I had polyps and I did, 4 of them.  She wants me to get these removed just like one would if they had polyps in their colon.  No problem, but my question or concern is she mentioned I had 2 options: 1. Get the polyps removed and be done or 2. Get the polyps removed and do an ablation at the same time to prevent a recurrence of polyps, though not 100%, it supposedly offers a greater chance of these not recurring.
I have read alot of these forums and it sounds like the ablation is not for me, I don't have heavy periods at all.  I think I'm just going to get the polyps removed and tested and be done.  Does anyone have an suggestions?  My OB/GYN is  a great dr but  what's good for one is not for all and I don't have a problem with my period other than the spotting and this worries me if I get the ablation too that it will change everything for me.  Now I'm even questioning getting the polyps removed at all?  HELP!  Anyone have some advice?  
Please get the polyps removed, if you do not get them removed, you can have a greater problem later, you DO NOT want that. As to the ablation that is up to you, if you feel strongly against it, then dont have it. Just know that you will have to be vigilant about your pap smears and check ups and that OK too! You will be Fine and dont worry, I'm sure your in great hands- A bad doctor does NOT give options :)
Rockstar12, Thanks for the advice and I greatly agree and will keep you posted!  That's very well said that good dr's don't give options, thanks again!!  I will get my polyps removed, but hold off on the ablation.  Thanks again for responding.
Sorry I meant bad dr's not good ones!  Whoops!