Hysterectomy Community
Endometrial Ablation 2 Years ago?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Endometrial Ablation 2 Years ago?

I had my first child at 22 six weeks later I had my tubes tide due to I knew was the right thing even though I know I was young. I signed all the papers to do so. Now at the age of 37 after having heavy periods since the age of 10,  to the fact that getting sick was the only way that would make me feel some better.  I had the E.A. done 2 in a half years ago, seems to be doing quiet well. I have had no periods since then.   Though I have a few questions. At the time me being short under 5 ft. I am over weight not as much as I was at the time, I am now having it seems a lot of cysts. Do they ever go away? I do not drink caffine. But the cysts I am tired of.  I have thyroid problems I have had since age of 10 well all life but they found that at ten. As for menopause, all the females in my family have started early age, but with me having this done at 35, and now not having a cycle at all. So the questions are do the cysts go away? I have lost 105 pounds in over a year, should I have it checked again?  As for menopause and my age and no cycle Im just confused.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
You are young to have menopause. Obesity and thyroid problems can cause havoc with the hormones and cause menstrual abnormalities. Only functional cysts of the ovary if they are small in size will regress spontaneously. Other cysts will require treatment. Yes you need to get a check up and also hormonal assay and an ultrasound scan for the cysts. Consult your Doctor for a thorough evaluation. Hope this helps.
Take care & good luck.
I had novesure done 3 years ago and have not had a period since. I did not have the D&C I am 37 years old will be 38 this year. All women in my  family have been around my age menapause early. Odd I know. But I am going to go to the doc soon. with having a thyroid issue as well. As well being 180, & 4 10 I have lost 106 pounds.  I do appologize I did not mention the novesure but I ran out of room. I had that procedure due to heavy bleeding and pain since age of 10.