Endometriosis
I am thinking about having a hysterectomy because of terrible endemetriosis,  I am 47 and have a history of breast cancer, so I cannot get any hormone replacement therapy.  But i have read that maybe it won't help.  Does anyone have any thoughts?
HI,
Hysterectomy may be a good option. In severe cases of endometriosis hormone therapy may sometimes not work. Also you cannot take hormones. And also considering your age, a total hysterectomy may be considered. Removal of the ovaries may also help with the breast cancer. You may discuss with your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
I'm 45 yrs old and just had a hysterectomy in July for endomedtriosis.  My doc gave me progesterone only for 4 months to kill off any residual traces of endometriosis before switching me to estrogen.  From what he told me, progesterone kills it off while estrogen fertilizes it. I never knew that.  I asked about stopping the estrogen because I'm not liking it at all.  Loved the progesterone.  He said it would be ok unless my menopause symptoms became too bad and I could go back on it.  He said no estrogen is better than estrogen for endometriosis.  I've suffered from pain and discomfort since I was 19.  I've felt so much better after surgery.  Just don't like what estrogen was doing to me, so I'm trying some time with nothing.  I have no menopausal symptoms.  I had my surgery with the DaVinci robot and came home the next morning with little pain.  Good luck in deciding!