Hysterectomy Community
FSH & Hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

FSH & Hysterectomy

I had a radical hysterectomy done 9 years ago. Since that time I have gained weight that I cannot lose, my cholesteral level has risen to a danger zone and now take medication also B12 injections.  I suffer from fatigue, memory loss, cold sensitivety and other problems. I recently had a FSH test done and was told the levels indicate I am still producing estrogen. How is this possible if I have no ovaries and what can I do to find out why
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
The estrogen is coming from your endocrine systom. Are you taking any hormone replacement therapy? It sounds like your estrogen dominate and may need to add testosterone. This is something you need to talk to your Dr about. He'/she can give you options as far as HRT .
Have you had your thyroid checked? It sounds like you could possibly be having symptoms of low thyroid too.
Keep us up to date on how your doing and take care. Remar
Blank
599170_tn?1300977493
I totally agree w Remar many of your symptoms point to thyroid,,its said that 1 in 10 middle age women have thyroid issues usually ist hypo
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...