Hysterectomy Community
Fibroids and possiblre hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fibroids and possiblre hysterectomy

I am 23 years old and I recently found out that I have uterine fibroids.  They are very painful and are interefering with my life.  I have to urinate every hour and I CAN NOT move my bowels without taking some sort of supplement.  My back hurts so badly that some days I can't get out of bed or bend over.  What should I do?  Do you think it is neccessary to get a hysterectomy or do something not so permanent?    
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
599170_tn?1300977493
I think it is neccesary for you to go gyno and have the fibroids removed...gynos arent usually willing to give hysterectomys to young women unless they present with cancer.the fibroid removal is a much simpler surgery and will help you a lot.
Blank
637356_tn?1301928422
you can have a small surgery where they can go in and remove the fibroids without removing your uterus. Especially if you do not have any children and are not married. They will do everything in your power to keep your uterus. I am 26 now and was 25 when I had my partial hysterectomy but I had already had three kids and my tubes tied.
Blank
733497_tn?1231724678
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH THAT REALLY HELPED ME!!!!
Blank
599170_tn?1300977493
glad to of helped Ellen any more questions feel free to pm me
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity