Forced menopause
I am 44 and i would like to stop my period.. but again having gone thru the net.. find the hysterectomy is the only one which will stop periods completely... but again want to know should i get the ovaries also removed to avoid any future cancer.. also want to know the side effects
Hi first I must tll you hysterectom isnot the onlyway to stop (my keyboards all messed up so excuse errors i have tope like a snato get it right) anyways look up Leupron a injection tat puts a woman into menopause.  which will happen w a hyster of rse anyways.

side effects,,its a majorurgery recovery is 6 weeks and difficult/painful...that passes and then most women are fine some dlop scar tissue/addhesions or surgicl error problems/ rerocyle cysttocyle can lead to bladder prolapse too.

the hormones will be all gne and yoill need bio identical hormone therapy,,this is tvery best wto go,,most find the correct balance and do not suffer meno side effects..night sweats/moodiness/ flashes...

if u have afamily history of ovarian cancer I agree if you do getis surgery have thevaries out.look up DaVinci Robotic Hysterectomy its the veryy best method
When I had my hysterectomy, my gynecologist took the works out.  I'm talking the ovaries (well one, I had the other one removed last Dec.), uterus, cervix, and fallopian tubes.   The procedure he used was called lavh, laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy.  I feel a lot better for it though.  

For me, I have a family history cervical and uterine cancer, which why the gynecologist took out everything.  From what I understand though, there are other cancers us women can get.  One would be cancer of the vulva and the other would be cancer of the vagina.  That's all I know.  I don't know how the doctors would diagnose something like what I mentioned.

to above its important to still see gyno for regular visits a pap is still advsed they do a sample from vaginal wall to check for vag cancer as well as a visual exam to see if anyting else looks abnormal