Hysterectomy Community
Granulation tissue
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Granulation tissue

I just went in a year after my hysterectomy for an odor and the gyn said it was granulation tissue.  Is this normal?
Blank
HI,
Granulation tissue is formed as a part of the healing process and should not be a cause of much concern. However if the odour and discharge occur frequently then the granulation tissue can be treated.
Hope this helps.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
HI,
Granulation tissue is formed as a part of the healing process and should not be a cause of much concern. However if the odour and discharge occur frequently then the granulation tissue can be treated.
Hope this helps.
Blank
How do they treat t?
Blank
3185070_tn?1344704177
My gyn put some silver nitrate on it and it sort of burns it off I think.  The rest of it he cut off while I was under anesthesia during my ovary surgery last week.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...