HRT
Hi am a 39 year old woman who had a complete hysterectomy 51/2 years ago. I was on hormones for about 2 years and we could never seem to get them regulated. They were actually causing endometr. to grow on my bowels and bladder so the doc took me off for a year and then put me back on for a while. I am now off again and I am on Lexapro to help with the mood swings. That seems to work great, no more real low moments but the last week I have noticed ( been off hrt now for 16 months ) that I am experiencing alot of vaginal dryness, cotton mouth, breast tenderness and the dreaded hot flashes. I do not know what to do. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
The dry mouth could be from the Lexapro. The other symptoms are probably hormone related.
What kind of HRT were you on? Have you tried Bio Identical hormones? You may want to talk to your Dr about this.  Remar
Try Amberen.com It's works with the hypothalamus in regulating the body. I have tried all the ones the Dr's. recommended and gained weight and have had terrible hot flashes.
Just put me back on premrin along with lexapro. Seems to be working but that is what I was on before and it caused the endometr. to grow and I am also afraid of long term effects of HRT.
Look into the bio-identicals (plant based) for HRT.  I purchased Amberen. I had only read glowing reports and my experiences were horrible with the product. I did not sleep at all, my anxiety level rose and only when I stopped the product did I get any relief from these increased reactions. I had chosen the free trial but when I started to have problems the company suggested that I double my dosage and it was pure hell. Because I doubled my dosage, I no longer qualified for the free trial and now had to pay for a product that not only did not work for me but actually made my symptoms worse. I have since found out that I am estrogen dominant and that perhaps is the problem. I am currently on bio-identicals and all of my menopause symptoms are gone.
I am scheduled for hyster on the 20th of this month. What are the best natural hormone replacement to take?